Friday, March 1, 2013

LOL GELS.

 I'm sorry for not posting in the last few weeks! I am going to make several posts a day for several days to make up for my terrible-ness.

Here is a pair of terrible gels to make you feel better. These are terrible gels made with TALENT.




The one on the right has a strange, super cool slope and the one on the left looks like beautiful sloping hills. I could totally be a gel artist. 

Today I went to a talk by a prof. from a local university. It was honestly one of the best talks that I've ever seen. He was humorous, intelligent, he explained the basics without going too far. Of course, with that being said, I haven't seen many talks. Afterwards, I had lunch with the speaker, a postdoc, and about 5 Grad students where he talked to us about... well... science. Any chance to get wisdom from someone who has already run the gauntlet is appreciated. It is also quite possible that we might to a collaboration with his lab, which would definitely be something I would possibly be interested, if not getting involved in, keeping close track of just because flies are way cool and epigenetics and PTM's are way cooler. A good day it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment