Monday, November 12, 2012

You're an UNDERGRAD?

To start off, for those of you who haven't seen the PhD movie, go and see it. It's a funny independent film based off of the well-known PhD comics. There's this one particular scene where a PhD student appears to be falling for this guy and then he alludes to the fact that he's an undergraduate student and everything stops and she just gives him this "I can't be seen with you" look. Hilarious.

Last week was a really great week for me. Went to a Biology Graduate Student Association (BGSA) town-hall style meeting where they voiced their concerns and whatnot, showing me what I hopefully don't have to look forward to in 3.5 years. It was really helpful in feeling all biology student-y and I felt like a special undergraduate infiltrator in their meeting. The Boss-lady also took us out for drinks(Coke for me) and appetizers for a few hours and it was nice having the whole lab together having fun and talking. In other last week news, I completed my first legitimate  experiment successfully with unexpected results that my grad student is extremely excited about, I bought this sexy beaker mug which will come in later this week, and I had my first Saturday at the lab.

 <---- Not mine... but it will be (I'll take a picture then)

No comments:

Post a Comment