Thursday, October 25, 2012

They Say a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.


Being an undergrad requires that I learn a lot of stuff before I can be remotely effective in the lab... being a Freshman means that i have to learn A LOT of stuff before I can be remotely effective in lab. This week my grad student has started giving me papers to read about the specific proteins we are studying and the system and pathways in which they operate.


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I don't think this picture can quite accurately represent how daunting it is to see these approximately 30 papers in front of me. I'm excited to finally begin learning about the system more so than just working on technique and I don't have to read them all quickly. However, knowing that I am at some point going to get through them all is both exciting and a little nerve wracking because I know that, especially at first, that I am going to have to look things up to understand it, which will require me to look things up to understand those things and so on and so on. Well, I have to go become more acquainted with CIITA and my list of things I want to do before I turn 18. Happy Science-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment